Updated: May 13, 2020
How to digitize photos for best photo restoration results
You've been digging through some boxes and stumble upon some old photographs of you and your family. Such wonderful memories! You notice that some of them are a bit faded, others are torn. Nevertheless, you would like to digitize these photos to share with your loved ones online. Even better, why not restore your old photos and bring them back to life?
Here we have outlined the best ways to digitize your photos for optimal photo restoration or digital retouching results.
Flat bed scanner:
• When using a flat bed scanner, select only the image.
• Avoid extra white space.
• Scan at actual size at 300ppi.
• Save as JPEG.
Photos behind glass:
• For best results, try to remove glass prior to scanning.
Should any damage occur to the photo, we will repair the digital version.
• Scan in multiple sections. these sections can be stitched together later with a photo editing software or with our photo repair service here.
We will stitch together.
• Increase the target scale to 400% or increase target size to 8x8.
• Keep the resolution at 300ppi.
Photo scanning apps recommended:
• Quickly and easily scan from your mobile device.
Using a digital camera to photograph a photo:
• This can be very effective for oversized photos.
1. Hold camera straight to photo to avoid skewing.
2. Fill frame with image.
3. Turn Flash OFF.
4. Capture photo.
Thinking of tackling a photo repair project? Scan your photos using these tips and let us work our magic! Click here for how to get started.
For professional assistance with any photo restoration, retouching, or recreation, please visit us at www.PhotoRepairPro.com